- My paper avo >I and then we.
- I have tried personally the active vocals whenever feasible.
- We have defined specific terms that could be unknown to readers.
- I have tried personally clear, simple language as much as possible and avoided unnecessary jargon.
- My paper states my viewpoint making use of a balanced tone—neither too indecisive nor too powerful.
as well as checking the points noted on Checklist 12.3, review your paper to be sure your language is accurate, conveys no unintended connotations, and it is without any biases. Below are a few of this points to test for:
- Vague or imprecise terms
- Repetition of the identical phrases (“Smith states…, Jones states…”) to introduce quoted and paraphrased product (For the full selection of strong verbs to make use of with in-text citations, see Chapter 13 “APA and MLA Documentation and Formatting”.)
- Exclusive usage of masculine pronouns or use that is awkward of or she
- Usage of language with negative connotations, such as for example haughty or > that is r